Monday, October 25, 2010

our weekend

What a weekend! 

Saturday morning, Ally woke me up at 5:45.  Yes, 5:45 in the da*$ morning!  With a little help from my Keurig, I woke up...finally. 

After Dimitri's morning nap, we headed over to my mom's.  Guess who fell asleep on the drive over and proceeded to sleep for 3 hours?  Yep, miss 5:45 herself.  Figures.

Of course, Dimitri went down for a nap while Ally was still sleeping.  So, it was a long morning/early afternoon of waiting for kids to wake up from naps. 

Finally, around 4:00, we left my mom's house.  My sister Vanessa and I packed up the kids and went to the mall for a little bit.  I was looking for a couple pairs of pants for work.  Of course I didn't find anything.  Why is it that when you have a little extra money you can't find anything you like, but when you're broke you want everything?  I did find a Fossil purse that I really wanted, but that was not in the cards that day.  My lovely sister bought Ally a cute sweatshirt though. :)

After a trip to Applebee's for dinner, we went to a nighttime Halloween parade.  It was the shortest parade ever.  And we had to bundle up the kids big time cuz it was chilly!  Here are a couple pics from the parade:



We ended up staying overnight at my mom's house that night.  We had my mom's 59th birthday party to prepare for.  The rest of the family came over at noon on Sunday and we had some chili and all the fixin's!  It was a cold rainy day, so chili was the perfect meal.  I made my mom a Jello cake (yum) and had a great time.  We (me and my 3 siblings) got her the Kindle she's been lusting after.  She LOVED it.  The look on her face?  Priceless.  I wish I had a picture. 

It was a lovely weekend full of family time and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something!