Monday, August 23, 2010

weekend recap

Man, it seemed like this weekend just flew by.  We really didn't do a heck of a lot! 

Friday evening I took the kids to Super Target for groceries.  Man, what a nightmare.  Usually I just try to take one or the other, and for good reason.  Between Ally having to take her shoes off because they hurt, not having a cart they could both sit in, Dimitri pooping and spitting up on me (he didn't poop on me though, thank goodness), and them both being out past their bedtimes, it was a rough time.  Even the friendly cashier asked me if it had been a long day.  I just had to laugh.  I did save almost $20 in coupons though!

Saturday we got up and I did a little cleaning.  Then we went over to my mom's to hang out for the day.  Took a walk, watched some TV, grilled.  I made my famous creamy cucumbers (the best!), and it was a nice relaxing day.  Adam went fishing because he worked grueling hours last week, so he needed a little time with a friend on a boat.  Fine with me!  When he's happy, I'm happy.  Oh, and Ally went through the sprinkler, and Dimitri swung!

my little man

typical Ally

Sunday, we went over to my mom's again so that Adam could steam clean the carpet in the living room and dining room.  6 hours later, he was done!  They look good as new again.  Better him than me for that sucky job.  My sisters were also there again and we grilled again and hung out outside and chatted and laughed like we do so well.  I love my family!

Another exciting weekend with the fam.  We're actually leaving on Saturday morning to go to a resort with my family in Danbury, Wisconsin.  We actually went to the same resort at this time last year.  We stayed in a really nice cabin with room for everyone and had a blast!  Oh, but last year I couldn't drink because I was pregnant.  WATCH OUT DANBURY, WISCONSIN! ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! Love the new one of Dimitri with the fake nose and glasses! Funny!

    Have a great time in Sconny!

    ReplyDelete

Say something!