Friday, April 16, 2010

this and that

This is what you would call an "all over the place" post.  All the happenings of late, wrapped up in a pretty little post for your reading pleasure!  Okay, so really it's not all the happenings of late, but at least a couple.

Ally and I stopped at the store the other night on the way home to pick up ingredients to make The Pioneer Woman's fettucine alfredo.  If you're ever looking for a good fettucine alfredo recipe, this is it!  So freakin' good, trust me.  I've made it a few times.  Definitely not low fat, but really - if you're looking for something healthy, why would you make this?  Comfort food at it's finest.  Anyway, enough about the pasta.  On the way out of the store, they have a mechanical horse that kids can ride and it costs a whole PENNY.  Well, they have a bowl of pennies taped right by the horse, so your kid can basically take a ride and keep asking you for "one more time" and you can't use the "I don't have any more money" excuse.  Luckily, she only wanted to ride 3 times. ;)


Little Dimitri had his 4 month check up last night.  He is looking great!  He was not happy to see the doctor, and that's putting it nicely.  The kid cried from the time he saw her until the time she left the room.  I'd say his lungs are definitely cleared up since his bout with RSV.  I'm surprised she could hear his lungs or heartbeat over his piercing scream.  He got his 4 month vaccinations (2 in one leg, 1 in the other leg, and one was oral).  Anyway, he's in the 60th percentile for both his height (25.5 inches), and his weight (15.5 pounds).  He's only in the 30th for his head though...which is odd because I thought he had a big head.  Maybe because his mommy and daddy do.  Here is the picture of him after seeing the doctor, but before his shots.  You can only imagine how pathetic he looked AFTER his shots. 



Tonight we're going out for dinner with the family to celebrate my dad's birthday.  Tomorrow we're celebrating our favorite set of twin's (Finnigan and Annika) birthday - they're turning 1.  I'll try to take lots of pictures.  It's times like this I wish I had a nice camera.  Oh well, I always have my iPhone and my CameraBag app. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Poor little man and all those shots, just breaks my heart! Where do you do your grocery shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i pray your little dude stays healthy, happy and full of complete love!

    ReplyDelete

Say something!