Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lots of stuff

This post is going to be all over the place, so please bear with me.

Today is my last day of work.  I have 8 weeks for my maternity leave, which I'm super excited about!  Yay for having babies.  Speaking of babies, I'm 38 weeks along, tomorrow!  I have my next doctor appointment on Friday and we'll see how everything is looking.  If all goes as planned - we'll have ourselves a baby next Thursday - and hopefully not any sooner because let's face it, I'm not ready!  I'm physically ready, but not mentally.  Besides, I want to use the first couple days of next week to get my Christmas shopping done.  Mostly, I just can't wait to meet my handsome little man! 

Oh, and we FINALLY decided on a name - Dimitri Ivan.  Sounds very Russian and handsome, don't you think?  The middle name (Ivan) is pronounced like the woman's name "Yvonne".  It is also Adam's middle name and his grandfather's name.  I hope he doesn't mind too much that his name doesn't start with an "A" like the rest of ours do.

Yesterday I visited Ally's school for their annual Thanksgiving feast.  It was a lot of fun.  She ate turkey for the first time EVER and even asked for seconds.  Normally she turns up her nose at meat, but I think it helps that her friends were eating it.  Kids are so easily influenced.  The kids even sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for all the parents.  It was so darn cute.  Her school is housed in a church, so the pastor of the church said a little prayer before we all ate.  Of course I was in tears by the end of it.  I felt pretty silly, but that kind of stuff always gets me.  I'm just so thankful for her school, teachers, her friends, the friends I've made there, and I know she's exactly where she needs to be. 

So - Thanksgiving.  We are going to my mom's house tomorrow.  I'm making spinach/artichoke dip, pickle roll ups (addicting), and bringing pumpkin pie and making real whipped cream.  Then we are going to Adam's uncle's house for another dinner at 5:00.  I'm making this - which I've never tried before, but it sure looks good to me!  Anything with heavy whipping cream is good enough for this girl!

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get posts up while I'm on maternity leave.  I'm still living in the dark ages and don't have internet at home.  However, I do have an iPhone and you can follow me on Twitter if you'd like!  

I think that's about it from me.  Over and out. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Anna, I'll be thinking of you. Praying for a healthy delivery and start to your family including your brand new addition! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the week is already here! Wow time has gone by so fast. Love the name that you have chosen!!!

    YOu need to get internet at home!!

    ReplyDelete

Say something!