Monday, October 19, 2009

Update Post (with bullets!)

I'm feeling rather lazy these days, so this is the best I can do for now!

What's been up with me for the past few weeks:
  • I'm 32 weeks pregnant already. Time sure is flying! My blood pressure is looking great still. I've gained 24 pounds total (I gained about 35 with Ally). I was able to schedule my c-section for Thursday, December 3rd (45 days to go - yikes!). I had a c-section with Ally because my pelvis was too small and also, I wasn't dialating, and because of my high blood pressure - they just wanted to get her out. I also get 8 weeks off instead of 6, so that's a plus. My doctor assures me that the pain of recovery won't be as bad with this one, since the scar is already there (or something, I'm just focused on 45 days to do - YIKES!).
  • Ally is really thriving in school again this year! She's our little superstar! They had dinosaur week a couple weeks ago, and she's been spitting out words like: palientologist (frankly, I didn't know that word until Friends, because that's what Ross's job was), and carnivore. What 4 year old knows these words? That's my girl! Also, she's been going home with Norah, her friend from school, and it's working out beautifully. I get over to Norah's house around 4:45 to pick her up. We usually don't get home 'til close to 6:00, eat dinner, take a bath, and then it's bedtime at 7:30. This is good for her, and gives me some time to just relax at night. I'm usually in bed by 9:30 at the latest, because a) I'm not a night owl, never have been, and b) I'm pregnant and exhausted.
  • This baby boy is kicking away at all hours of the day and night. I'm still sleeping rather well thanks to my body pillow.
  • We need to get started on Ally's room. I have all the decorations and so now we just need to pick out a cool pink paint color, and clean out the closet and we should be good to go. I'm going nuts with the pink and orange theme and can't wait to see it all put together. All we need to do in the babies room is put together the crib and changing table. The room was already painted a neutral yellow color with a farm animal theme, so that will do our baby boy just fine!
  • Some of you may know that Ally's been on seizure meds since she was about 2 years old. She's seen an awesome neurologist from Children's Hospital since then. We recently brought her in for an EEG and he said the results looked "favorable", so we can start weaning her anytime now. He gave us the schedule, of course, but we're both so scared to start! I know we just need to bite the bullet and do it, but it's hard. If anything were to reoccur, we'd just put her back on the regular dose and re-evaluate in a few months, but we just need a kick in the pants to actually do it! It'll be nice for her to not have to take medicine twice a day anymore though. We have to do it FOR HER. It's not all about us.

Okay, I think that's it for now. Hopefully the posts will be a little more frequent from here on out, but I can't make any promises. Now, to convince the hubby that we need internet at home so I can update when the baby arrives! I should just order it. It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, right? ;)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys!! Wow that time sure flew by!
    If it helps any, my Adam was off his seizure meds at around age 4 and has NEVER EVER had a problem since. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's just flying!

    And that does help, thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Good to hear from you. And YES! Bring the internet home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have your date scheduled and everything! A MONTH FROM TOMORROW! YIKES that went fast. Yeah time is flying for me. I just hate not knowing but I am getting used to it now! No names picked out?! Do you have it narrowed down?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're kind of in between 2 names now, but I think we'll keep it a secret. :)

    Ours was very obviously a boy at our ultrasound...the doctor said there is no question!

    Before you know it, you'll be on the one month countdown too. It's becoming oh so real now!

    ReplyDelete

Say something!