Monday, September 14, 2009

I now pronounce you...

...husband and wife!

My stepbrother got married this weekend. The ceremony was at a lovely indoor park in Woodbury, and the reception was on a boat (The Grand Duchess) on the St. Croix River.

The boat departed in Hudson, Wisconsin for a beautiful evening of love and laughter on the water. We started out with appetizers and drinks (cranberry/Sprite for me). Then a great dinner of chicken, potatoes, pasta, rolls, veggies, and salad was served. And the wedding cake...oh, the wedding cake! There were 2 different kinds - white with a strawberry ice cream filling (too good to be true), and a delicious chocolate cake with white frosting. Both TO DIE FOR. I wish I could've had a glass of milk...that would've made it perfection. The boat docked at 7:30 and the dance started. This was a younger crowd, so everyone was out there bustin' a move. I only danced to one song - otherwise I certainly would've busted somethin'. ;) I have no rythem, but usually when I have a couple drinks, I at least think I do.

It was such a beautiful evening, and I wish Lucas & Katie the best of luck - but I know they don't need it!

Here are a few pics from the occasion:

Me and my friend Angie (she was my date for the evening)

My sister Vanessa and her boyfriend Joe

Lucas & Katie cutting the cake - she kinda looks psycho in this picture but I assure you, she's completely sane (and beautiful)!

See? She's happy!

Lucas dancing with my stepmom, Carol

2 comments:

  1. how fun . . if you know of anyone else that is getting married I am doing a big giveaway of a free wedding package :)

    Looks like you had a great night. Fun pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun night. What a great setting for a wedding celebration!

    ReplyDelete

Say something!