Friday, August 28, 2009

Family Vacation

We left Saturday morning for a little family vacation. All together there were 15 of us (or 15 1/2 as my mom would say)! We checked into a huge cabin at a resort in Danbury, Wisconsin - which is only about 45 minutes outside of Hinckley. The cabin was really nice and gave us all plenty of room to roam around. It was on a very nice clean lake - Upper Webb Lake, I believe.

The first day we just kind of got situated, got the boats in the water, and went swimming at the pool for a while. Adam and I were in charge of dinner that night. We made fettucine alfredo (The Pioneer Woman's recipe - YUM), garlic bread, and caeser salad. Everyone said they liked it - I sure did! It's food, I like anything that is food lately. We made a fire and turned in early that night, around 9:30. The next day we got up and had a nice breakfast and ended up taking the boats out for a nice ride. Stopped at a sandbar and everyone got out and played. It was nice to just hang out. What would've made it nicer is if I could have a nice cold beer in my hand, but I suppose the baby is worth it ;-)

Basically the vacation was a blast and very relaxing. Next year, I'll have an 8 month old and a 5 year old at this time and that'll be a whole new adventure! Here is our vacation in some pictures:









Can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

  1. Family vacations are always fun. You have to give me the website for that recipe, I am going to make that for my mom and Eric sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Say something!