Monday, June 15, 2009

Impulse buy


As we know, the new baby will be here sooner than we think. I figured now is as good a time as any to move Ally into the office, which will be her new bedroom (we'll take the computer out of there, so it's really a bedroom). My dad refinished one of the beds that used to be in my grandparents house, and painted it white. I've always loved the pink and orange color combination, so today when I saw this at Marshall's, I could not pass it up. Even if she hates it, I can always return it. I just couldn't let anybody else buy it without at least trying first. So, I bought the quilt for $39.99, 2 of those rectangular pillows that have dots on one side and stripes on the other, and the round pillow. The pillows were $9.99 each - I love Marshall's! I figure I'll just put white sheets on her bed and white pillow cases. What do you guys think? Cute for a little girl? We will paint her room probably the darker pink color. What do you think of having an orange accent wall too? I'm begging for decorating advice. I'd love to find a little bedside table and a cute pink lamp to go in there too.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I love all of your ideas! SUPER CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE decorating for little girls! It's all so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a white accent wall and orange lamp and big orange letters that say ALLY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom,

    I love that idea! You might have to help me pull that off.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved pink and yellow together but I find this pink and orange totally fun too. PERFECT for a little girl and I love the idea of an orange accent wall! Giant letters with her name are cute too and easy and cheap to make at Michaels! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that idea with the Orange leters also. We have Ryan's name painted in blue. We will have to get tyler's done sometime soon too.

    I don't normally like those colors, but it actually looks cute. I think Ally will love it, if not give it to me. I am sure Eric wouldn't mind having a pink and orange bedroom,haha. I know better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another thing, we got our letters at walmart, if you don't want to spend too much on the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very cute! I love polka dots. If Corey would let me do our room in them, i totally would!

    ReplyDelete

Say something!