Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Everyone loves a parade!

This weekend was the annual Pioneer Days in good 'ol St. Francis. Yes, I went to high school in St. Francis, and no, I didn't like it. Enough about that.

My friend Jen from work lives in St. Francis - right on the parade route! Since we all know parades are fun, we enjoyed the parade right from her front yard. She put out quite the spread of food and drinks and fun was had by all. It was a perfect Summer day too, so that really made the day great! We also watched Adam's cousin's son for the day/night, so that's the little boy in the pictures with Ally.

Ally was not sure what to do when people were throwing candy at her from the floats, but she sure did have fun after she watched the other kids go snatch it up. It didn't take her long to catch on. Since Jen lives right at the beginning of the parade route, we got the best stuff: candy, freezies, and even a bucket of sidewalk chalk! What kid doesn't need more sidewalk chalk? Of course there were some politicians out shaking hands and schmoozing too.

Here are a few pics from the occasion.







5 comments:

  1. What cute pictures! I can't wait to take Alex to parades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always used to love going to parades when I was growing up. That was a big thing in the South. I'm not even sure if they have parades up here... I'm sure they do, but I've just never paid attention I guess. I need to check into and take Reagan to one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I use picnik! go to picnik.com! It is a free site but I also did the upgrade! I love using it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that picture of your girl watching the parade. So cool.

    And someone should tell that princess riding in the back of the convertable that if you are going to be wearing a tiara and in a parade and especially if you have won some sort of beauty pageant, you should SIT UP STRAIGHT!!!!

    Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments, ladies!

    Erin,

    I went to that site and it is very fun to use!

    Lucas,

    I agree. I didn't notice that before!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Say something!