Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I need advice, people!

Long time, no blog! Sorry, I haven’t had anything interesting happen lately…nothing blog-worthy at least.

BUT, we seem to have some new neighbors at Casa Musatov, and they’re seriously pissing me off!

We live in a townhome and we have people that live on the right and left of us, along with behind us. Noise has never been a problem in the 5 years we’ve lived here, but all of a sudden – some noisy jerks moved in. They must have a stereo directly on the wall or something. All you can hear from their house is bass. Oh, and kids running up and down the stairs. It’s seriously getting on my nerves and I’m about to lose it. Granted, they don’t play it after 9:00 PM, but still – I’m annoyed. Adam says I should go over there and ask them to turn the radio down, but I’m scared. I’d rather write a note or complain to the association (that’s what they’re there for, right?).

Any advice for this frustrated lady?

7 comments:

  1. I would write them a note 1st. And if it seems that nothing has been resolved, I would go to the association.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have neighbors on either side as well?

    I would go to the HOA first. Otherwise, if you write them a note, and the noise continues, and THEN you go to the HOA, they'll know it was you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they have neighbors on either side, and in the back of them - just like us. I'll send an e-mail to the HOA if it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Association. But, I am a wimp, so it's hard to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly don't think the association will do anything about it. They are not landlords and will likely ask you to resolve it on your own. I would be scared to say something too, but go introduce yourself politely and try to explain the issue. Its possible they just do not realize there's a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your husband should stand up for you especially since you are pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you guys go out for dinner one night and "accidently" forget to turn your TV or stereo off? I'm all about the passive aggressive approach. Problem is, if it's guys living there, they won't get the hint.

    However, I don't think it would hurt to contact the HOA, what's the worst thing they'd say...do it yourself? Plus then you are sure to cover your a** if the neighbors got upset with you.

    ReplyDelete

Say something!