Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thankful

In light of some horrible things that have happened to people lately, I’m going to make a list of things I’m thankful for. Here goes!

-That my daughter is healthy and is thriving with her new cochlear implant.
-That she can talk (a lot!) and has something to say about everything.
-That I have a roof over my head.
-That I don’t have to struggle to get pregnant.
-That I’m healthy.
-That I can snuggle with my daughter as much as I want. I love our tickle fights in bed in the morning.
-That I can feel the sunshine on my face.
-That my husband is a good daddy.
-That I have a mom who raised me right.
-That I have a job in these tough economic times.
-That I can walk, and talk, and see.
-That I can hear the birds chirping in the morning.
-That I'm alive.

That’s just a short list, but I wanted to put it out there. I think sometimes we get so caught up in the things that are wrong in life and we don’t think about how good we have it. We take the little things for granted. Hopefully if I start feeling sorry for myself, I can look back on this list and just be thankful.

8 comments:

  1. You are so right, Anna, and you have the right attitude. Love you.Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need to stop and smell the roses sometimes - appreciate the good things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right~ It is hard to do this sometimes when it seems so dark, but it is a good thing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well said, Anna! Thank you for making me think about the "Good Stuff" in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well put. We need to stand back sometimes and look at what we are thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your list...God has also blessed our family...more than we know:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog (via Gorillabuns) and saw that your daughter was recently implanted with a CI. My 7 year old son has been implanted 4+ years and he is doing so well! I'm looking forward to following your daughter's progress and learning more about your family.

    ReplyDelete

Say something!