Monday, March 2, 2009

activation, aunties and a ride (or two) on the merry go round

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend.
Friday was an exciting day for our whole family. Ally got her implant activated and it was absolutely amazing! She said "I can hear that" as soon as it was turned on. She just continues to amaze us every single day and there is not a day that goes by where we're not thankful for her. Wouldn't you know that my camera batteries went dead mid-session. Ugh! I could've cried, if it weren't for the fact that I had my video camera as back up. :) I will have to figure out how to post a video soon so you can see her reaction.
Here she is with Adam before we saw Dr. Rimell (her surgeon) to look over her incision and make sure everything was A-OK. He gave us the thumbs up and we were good to go!

Her audiologist, Barb, "hooking her up" for the first time

Listening and playing with puzzles w/ her papa. Barb was mapping at this time.



...and here it is! she wanted the purple microphone cover on, so we happily obliged.


When we were done with her appointment, we headed to the hospital restaurant and had some lunch. I was supposed to go back to work but decided to take the rest of the day off. We dropped Ally off at school so she could show off her new implant and we went over to Har Mar Mall and walked around for a while. Then Auntie Vanessa called and said her and Joe were off of work until Sunday so they'd like to come and spend the night. Sounded like fun to me! I made chili for dinner and we went to the liquor store for some hard cider and wine. I rented the movie Frozen River (pretty good) and we were in bed by 11:30. The next day, Adam was helping his cousin Travis with sheetrocking his basement, so the 4 of us (me, Ally, Vanessa, and her boyfriend Joe) went to the Mall of America. After eating at Rainforest Cafe (can we say expensive and not that good?), we headed over to Nickelodeon Universe for some rides. Actually, one ride for Ally, which she went on twice. Apparently my little sweetie isn't much of a risk taker, yet. She chose the merry go round - once with me and once with auntie. I snapped these cute pics of the. I love the first one!


Then, Auntie V wanted to go to Urban Outfitters to look around, so we tagged along. Ally found these sweet glasses and I must say, she looks very intellectual. What a cutie pie!
Anyway, that's our weekend in a nutshell. She went back to the audiologist today for more mapping, so we'll see how she does now. I'm sure she'll rock like she always does.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Ally. Now you will hear a whole new world and it will be very exciting for you. You are thankful for your little girl, I am thankful for my 2 boys. Everyday is a new challenge for both of them. Even as each one is growing developmentally differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! She is adorable, btw.. I totally agree on the Rainforest Cafe, not that great of food.
    I am glad you got a day off to have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was an awesome Activation day! She's so adorable! Purple is a very good choice. =) Today we were trying the different brands on Seth and I got a picture of him wearing the hot pink Cochlear BTE. Very fancy. =)

    ReplyDelete

Say something!