Friday, February 6, 2009

Monday's the big day!

Well, time sure has gone fast leading up to this day.

On Monday at 5:30 AM, we'll arrive at the U of M for Ally's cochlear implant surgery. She will get wheeled into the OR at 7:30 and hopefully her life will only get better from that point on. We have the utmost confidence in her doctor and audiologist, so we're hoping for smooth sailing.

She keeps talking about her implant, and last night we read a book together (from her audiologist, Barb) called "Jamie Gets a Cochlear Implant". She's never asked so many questions while reading (and that's saying a lot, she's an inquisitive girl) or been so engaged. She even hugged me a few times, because she knows that's going to be her in a few more days.

Our little angel will do fine, but of course, as her mom I'm nervous. But most of all, I'm excited for the opportunity for her to get an implant and can't wait to see her bloom to her full potential. Look our world, here she comes!

4 comments:

  1. She's an amazing little girl...All of you will be in my thoughts & prayers :) Keep me posted...I'll come visit her when she gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Ally in over a year, so the changes after her surgery will be even more overwhelming next time we do see you guys. Best wishes, you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep your family in my prayers this morning. Whatever the surgery, letting your little one go in is never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with you guys today! Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Say something!