Friday, December 4, 2009
Born at 9:31 AM
7 pounds, 1 ounce
18 1/2 inches long
He's got my nose and my chubby earlobes :)
We checked into the hospital around 7:00 on Thursday morning. They walked us up to our room and I got the figure flattering hospital gown to put on. Hot mama! Hell, who has a figure anymore anyways? Certainly not me. The nurse came in and asked me a whole boatload of questions, most of which I answered "no" to. Yep, I'm boring. Sorry I don't have an STD or smoke crack (at least not while I'm pregnant). ;) Then I walked down to anesthesia with my mom and Adam. We got to sit in a tiny room while I proceeded to get nervous. After I met with the anesthesiologist, we went to the Operating Room and they "prepped" me. Lots of that orange stuff was spread over my belly and back. Then the spinal block was administered. Not nearly as traumatic as I remember it being with Ally. I think it was more of a whirlwind with her because it wasn't a planned C-section. But with this one, I had much more time to get nervous. Then I laid down on the table (could feel nothing from my boobs down at this point). Then the surgeon got started. Oops, someone forgot to let my mom know it was time, so one of the nurses went out to get her. If you're wondering why Adam wasn't in there with me...well, he gets nervous very easily so it's just better that he wasn't there. My mom was honored to be a part of his birth, and I was thrilled to have her there. Long story short, he came out screaming his brown curly head off! My mom took some awesome (though, graphic) pictures. And I'm not sure why they're showing up this way, sorry! If you can stomach it, here you go:
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Today is my last day of work. I have 8 weeks for my maternity leave, which I'm super excited about! Yay for having babies. Speaking of babies, I'm 38 weeks along, tomorrow! I have my next doctor appointment on Friday and we'll see how everything is looking. If all goes as planned - we'll have ourselves a baby next Thursday - and hopefully not any sooner because let's face it, I'm not ready! I'm physically ready, but not mentally. Besides, I want to use the first couple days of next week to get my Christmas shopping done. Mostly, I just can't wait to meet my handsome little man!
Oh, and we FINALLY decided on a name - Dimitri Ivan. Sounds very Russian and handsome, don't you think? The middle name (Ivan) is pronounced like the woman's name "Yvonne". It is also Adam's middle name and his grandfather's name. I hope he doesn't mind too much that his name doesn't start with an "A" like the rest of ours do.
Yesterday I visited Ally's school for their annual Thanksgiving feast. It was a lot of fun. She ate turkey for the first time EVER and even asked for seconds. Normally she turns up her nose at meat, but I think it helps that her friends were eating it. Kids are so easily influenced. The kids even sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for all the parents. It was so darn cute. Her school is housed in a church, so the pastor of the church said a little prayer before we all ate. Of course I was in tears by the end of it. I felt pretty silly, but that kind of stuff always gets me. I'm just so thankful for her school, teachers, her friends, the friends I've made there, and I know she's exactly where she needs to be.
So - Thanksgiving. We are going to my mom's house tomorrow. I'm making spinach/artichoke dip, pickle roll ups (addicting), and bringing pumpkin pie and making real whipped cream. Then we are going to Adam's uncle's house for another dinner at 5:00. I'm making this - which I've never tried before, but it sure looks good to me! Anything with heavy whipping cream is good enough for this girl!
I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get posts up while I'm on maternity leave. I'm still living in the dark ages and don't have internet at home. However, I do have an iPhone and you can follow me on Twitter if you'd like!
I think that's about it from me. Over and out. :)
Monday, November 9, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Anywho - seriously cannot believe I'm 35 weeks along already! Since my c-section is scheduled a week early (December 3rd), I only have 4 weeks to go! 4 weeks, people! Aaahh! Am I ready? Heck no! I have 2 packs of newborn diapers, a pack of size 2 diapers, and my swing is out. I bought a fleece sling on Craig's List that I plan to use also. The carseat is in the garage. I need to get a bassinet from my mom. I need to fill out the paperwork to pre-register at the hospital. I need to put together a bunch of instructions and how-to's for my replacement at work. We are still in the process of converting the office to Ally's room. Who knew it would take 4 coats of paint to cover dark green paint? We are painting 2 walls pink and 2 walls orange. If it weren't for the 2 colors, we'd have been done a while ago. Adam is always so tired when he gets home, the last thing he wants to do is paint. I've also been going to bed at 8:00 the last week or so.
My check ups have been going well. My blood pressure is still great. My back does hurt if I stand for extended periods of time. I've gained about 25 pounds so far.
This weekend, I'm going to see a girlfriend that I roomed with in college for the first time in 2 years! We're always so busy, that we just haven't had time to get together. She's the sweetest girl and I can't wait. We're going to dinner and then to a comedy show. My sister, her friends, and my mom are all going too. There will be like 20 of us all together! You'll hear us from miles away I'm sure. I hope nobody is hoping for a nice quiet night at a restaurant. I call it my "last hurrah" until the baby is born. I'm assuming we'll be spending lots of days and nights at home getting to know one another.
I can't wait to meet my little guy! 27 more days....
Monday, October 19, 2009
What's been up with me for the past few weeks:
- I'm 32 weeks pregnant already. Time sure is flying! My blood pressure is looking great still. I've gained 24 pounds total (I gained about 35 with Ally). I was able to schedule my c-section for Thursday, December 3rd (45 days to go - yikes!). I had a c-section with Ally because my pelvis was too small and also, I wasn't dialating, and because of my high blood pressure - they just wanted to get her out. I also get 8 weeks off instead of 6, so that's a plus. My doctor assures me that the pain of recovery won't be as bad with this one, since the scar is already there (or something, I'm just focused on 45 days to do - YIKES!).
- Ally is really thriving in school again this year! She's our little superstar! They had dinosaur week a couple weeks ago, and she's been spitting out words like: palientologist (frankly, I didn't know that word until Friends, because that's what Ross's job was), and carnivore. What 4 year old knows these words? That's my girl! Also, she's been going home with Norah, her friend from school, and it's working out beautifully. I get over to Norah's house around 4:45 to pick her up. We usually don't get home 'til close to 6:00, eat dinner, take a bath, and then it's bedtime at 7:30. This is good for her, and gives me some time to just relax at night. I'm usually in bed by 9:30 at the latest, because a) I'm not a night owl, never have been, and b) I'm pregnant and exhausted.
- This baby boy is kicking away at all hours of the day and night. I'm still sleeping rather well thanks to my body pillow.
- We need to get started on Ally's room. I have all the decorations and so now we just need to pick out a cool pink paint color, and clean out the closet and we should be good to go. I'm going nuts with the pink and orange theme and can't wait to see it all put together. All we need to do in the babies room is put together the crib and changing table. The room was already painted a neutral yellow color with a farm animal theme, so that will do our baby boy just fine!
- Some of you may know that Ally's been on seizure meds since she was about 2 years old. She's seen an awesome neurologist from Children's Hospital since then. We recently brought her in for an EEG and he said the results looked "favorable", so we can start weaning her anytime now. He gave us the schedule, of course, but we're both so scared to start! I know we just need to bite the bullet and do it, but it's hard. If anything were to reoccur, we'd just put her back on the regular dose and re-evaluate in a few months, but we just need a kick in the pants to actually do it! It'll be nice for her to not have to take medicine twice a day anymore though. We have to do it FOR HER. It's not all about us.
Okay, I think that's it for now. Hopefully the posts will be a little more frequent from here on out, but I can't make any promises. Now, to convince the hubby that we need internet at home so I can update when the baby arrives! I should just order it. It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, right? ;)
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Hey, pick your battles people! ;)
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Rub the belly for luck!
...and then he went and bought me cherry pie, which made up for pretty much everything. I love my hubby.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Me and my friend Angie (she was my date for the evening)
My sister Vanessa and her boyfriend Joe
Lucas & Katie cutting the cake - she kinda looks psycho in this picture but I assure you, she's completely sane (and beautiful)!
See? She's happy!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
He's looking good. The head is measuring right at 25 weeks, so my due date of December 10th is right on. I will be having a scheduled c-section, which will most likely be the first week of December. I can't believe how fast the time is going.
Can't wait to meet you, son. Love, Mama
Friday, August 28, 2009
The first day we just kind of got situated, got the boats in the water, and went swimming at the pool for a while. Adam and I were in charge of dinner that night. We made fettucine alfredo (The Pioneer Woman's recipe - YUM), garlic bread, and caeser salad. Everyone said they liked it - I sure did! It's food, I like anything that is food lately. We made a fire and turned in early that night, around 9:30. The next day we got up and had a nice breakfast and ended up taking the boats out for a nice ride. Stopped at a sandbar and everyone got out and played. It was nice to just hang out. What would've made it nicer is if I could have a nice cold beer in my hand, but I suppose the baby is worth it ;-)
Can't wait for next year!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Tyler (first pic) and Ryan - my nephews