Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July craziness

Wow, is it Monday already? Time sure does fly.

We had a relatively busy weekend. I was supposed to work at Totino's on Thursday night, but I got a call from them at around 3:00 that afternoon asking me if I wanted the night off. Who am I to argue? While we could use the extra money, I could have also used that time to pack for our camping trip. We left the house a little after 8:00 on Friday morning to go up to Mille Lacs to camp with my sister and her hubby and kids. It was fun! We swam and Ally had an absolute blast in the pool! She didn't get a nap that day, so went to bed for us around 8:30. I got quite sunburnt, but I didn't mind. I forgot to put sunscreen on my face...whoops. I have that nice perma sunglasses look. Quite attractive, I must say. Anywho, we left on SAturday morning after breakfast. I was supposed to work at Totino's that night, but wouldn't you know, they called me at 3:00 and told me not to come in because they had a total of about 8 tables for lunch and thought it'd be dead for dinner. Okay then! We went to Adam's uncles house for a BBQ instead. Then Adam's mom and Doug were nice enough to take Ally home with them so we could go see "Hancock". It was pretty good - I'd give it 2 out of 4 stars. Definitely a rental. I was just happy to get to see a movie in the theatre. Last movie I saw in the theatre was "Definitely, Maybe" with my friend Angie. I still want to see "Sex and the City" if anyone wants to see it with me. I don't think Adam would go see it with me if I paid him. So, yesterday we just laid low - actually me and Ally went to Marshall's and ate lunch at Totino's. I was going through withdrawals since I hadn't worked or ate there since Tuesday. Then we just hung out at the house after that. It was too god awful hot to do anything outside. I'm not going to comlain though, since the rest of the weekend was absolutely gorgeous and perfect. I hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying their Monday back to work. ;)

On another note, Ally starts summer school at Northern Voices tomorrow. She only goes for 4 weeks. BUT, she'll be in the preschool program now. Summer school runs from Monday-Thursday from 8:30 - noon. She goes Tuesday-Thursday because that's what works with our schedule. In the fall, she'll go 5 days/week from 8:30 - 3:00. YIKES! They really need intense instruction to get up to speed with their hearing peers. Now when she starts Kindergarten, she'll be the smartest kid in class.

Have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something!